When: Friday, 5 and 12 August, 12.30 pm -2.30 pm
Where: Anvil House, Level 1, Rooms 11 & 12
What: The purpose of this hands-on course is to set up an email account using the free web-based email programme Gmail, and explore the extra services this email programme offers.
The only prerequisites are:
• a basic knowledge of using a mouse or touch pad
• access to a computer with a broadband connection
You will learn:
• how to set up an email account
• where to find tools and adjust programme settings to suit individual taste
• ways to send, receive and forward emails
• filing emails and creating new folders
• sending and opening an attachment
• including pictures in emails
• saving pictures to your computer
• using an address book and transferring addresses from another email programme
• setting up a calendar
• saving files, pictures, etc to the web
The course covers two days and the investment is $20 payable on the first day.
Register with Ngaire Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.